Cricket is the most appreciated sport of all time. It brings fame to players and a lot of money and appreciation from all the corners of the world. Cricketers earn not only from the salary, but a lot of their revenue comes from endorsing brands and doing TV commercials. A surprising fact is that in a listing of the top 10 richest cricketers in the world top 3 are Indian cricketers.
1. Sachin Tendulkar– The former Indian Batsman, popularly known as the God Of Cricket, is the wealthiest cricketer globally and comes at the top position in the listing of top 10 richest cricketers of the world. Tendulkar is among the most famous names in the world of cricket. He hit more than 34000 runs in his career in international cricket, and his fans see him as the most significant and legendary player. Tendulkar endorses many international brands like Pepsi, Visa, Castrol, etc. Tendulkar also has the property of 520 crore rupees.
2. MS Dhoni: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, famous for his helicopter shot and bringing so many trophies to India, is indeed one of the trendy names in the world of cricket. Captain Cool comes at second place in the list of the top 10 richest cricketers in the world. Dhoni has a net worth of 840 crores rupees. Dhoni is a famous face in commercials and makes a lot of his revenue from them. Probably India’s most appreciated Captain, Dhoni has bought many trophies to the nation, including two Asia Cups, an ICC Champions Trophy, ICC T20 World Cup, and the World Cup of 2011. Dhoni endorses many International brands like Reebok, Sony Bravia, Godaddy, and many more. He also has a massive collection of bikes.
3. Virat Kohli– The Indian Skipper is the only player from India to be listed in Forbes 2020 for highest-earning players. Kohli owns his Fashion lines in the name of Worgen and One8. Virat has an Asset of 92 million dollars, and his net worth is 696 Crores Rupees. Kohli also has a football team of his own in ISL. He has endorsed brands like Manyavar, Colgate, Google, Pepsi, and many more.
4. Ricky Ponting– The former Australian Captain, Ricky Ponting holds the fourth position in the list of top 10 richest cricketers in the world. Pointing has a tremendous record in bragging three World Cups during his career as a Captain. Pointing has a net worth of 492 crore rupees and endorses brands like Valvoline, Adidas, and many more.
5. Brian Lara– the former West Indies batsman Brian Lara holds the fifth position in the listing of top 10 rich cricketers in the world and is also a part of the ICC Hall of Fame. Lara is the only batsman who has dared to score 400 runs in an innings of Test cricket. Brian Lara, ‘ The Prince’ of the world of cricket, has an annual net worth of 454 crore rupees.
6. Shane Warne– the former captain of the Australian Cricket team who is also Popular as the wicket-taking bowler, comes at the sixth position in the list of the world’s top 10 richest cricketers. Watson has a net worth of 394 crores and can maintain his place in the list of richest ten cricketers of the world even after years of retirement.
7. Virendra Sehwag– the former Indian cricketers also known as the right-handed batsman who was also part of the world cup winning team in 2007 and 2011 features at number 7 in the list of 10 richest cricketers in the world can pull off a net worth of 303 crores rupees. Sehwag is well known for his fastest triple century, and his fans drool over his aggressive batting style.
8. Jacques Kallis– The former South African all-rounder is known as one of the best players of his era and features at number eight in list of top 10 richest cricketers in the world. His fans Considered him as the best all-rounder in International Cricket. Currently working as a South African batting coach and batting consultant for KKR, Kallis has an annual Net worth of around 265 crores rupees.
9. Yuvraj Singh– Yuvraj Singh, famous for his six-ball six sixes in an over, is one of India’s best all-rounder of all time. Yuvraj also owns his clothing lines, and his net worth is 265 crores rupees. His fans call him Yuvi.
10. Steve Smith– The most popular Australian player, has a net worth of 234 crore rupees and features at the 10th position in the list of top 10 richest cricketers of the world.